New Delhi: The Indian Railways announced on Sunday that it will gradually restart passenger train services from May 12. The national transporter issued a series of guidelines for passengers who may want to avail the train services once they resume.
- The passengers will be required to arrive at the station at least an hour in advance for screening and other coronavirus protocols.
- The passengers can avail tickets only through online booking on the IRCTC website — https://www.irctc.co.in/
- These tickets would have details of the ‘dos and don’ts’ passengers need to follow.
- The passengers will be required to download the Arogya Setu mobile app.
- It will be mandatory for travellers to wear face cover.
- The passengers will be screened at departure and only asymptomatic passengers will be allowed to board the trains.
- Ticket booking services at stations will remain closed and no counter tickets (including platform tickets) will be issued.
- Only passengers with valid confirmed tickets will be allowed to enter railway stations.
- No symptomatic patient will be allowed to board the train