Most of the Indians starts their day with a cup of tea so it will be nice to try ashwagandha tea. Ashwagandha is an ancient Ayurvedic herb used as a traditional medicine. Here are the health benefits of drinking ashwagandha tea.
- It reduces stress by reducing cortisol levels and improve the quality of life. Some studies have also found that consuming ashwagandha has a positive effect on mental illnesses like schizophrenia and depression.
- Ashwagandha has anxiolytic properties which help reduce anxiety and alleviate the symptoms of depression.
- The flavonoids in the leaf and root extracts of the herb can help improve insulin sensitivity and treat diabetes.
- Ashwagandha contains adaptogen – a natural substance that enables the body to adapt to stress and extreme conditions, including high physical work. In other words, it increases muscle mass and strength.
- Reduce inflammation by increasing the activity of immune cells. Immune cells help the body fight pathogens and keep you healthy.
- Reduce cholesterol and triglyceride levels, which in turn can alleviate your chances of developing cardiovascular diseases.