In Kerala Six-year-old girl dies after choking on nuts in mixture

A six-year-old girl from Kerala choked to death on July 11 after eating some mixture that contained nuts. Niveditha, a Class 1 student at Cotton Hill Government Girls High School, was playing at a house in Thrikkannapuram when her father Rajesh brought her mixture in the evening. A few minutes after eating the snack, she developed an uneasiness. “The nuts of the mixture caused the choking. Her life couldn’t be saved though she was rushed to hospital,” Deepu, Sub Inspector of Nemom Police Station told TNM. A video of Nivedith singing and playing has been shared widely, leaving the state in shock at her death. “The home I drew, what a beautiful home. It’s my own home,” little Niveditha sings in the video. She wears a sleeveless pink and white frock, with flowers stitched onto it, and shakes her head while singing.”What a lovely abode the house I drew is. It’s my own house, after all “In the video, Niveditha performs a song. She sings while shaking her head in a sleeveless pink and white gown with flowers sewn on it.

“We rushed her to the hospital at Santhivila,” her father Rajesh told Manorama News. She opened her eyes and gazed at her mother on the way. Her mother then informed her that she would purchase Kinder Joy for her. She then nodded. By that time, she had completely collapsed.” When Rajesh and Kavitha carried her to Santhivila Facility, they were ordered to take the infant in an ambulance to Sree Avittom Thirunal Hospital, a government hospital for child care and maternity. “She was barely breathing by then,” Rajesh sobbed, as Kavitha lay in a room in the modest house.

 

 

Back to top button
Close
Close

Adblock Detected

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker