Split ends can be caused by a variety of factors, ranging from using too much heat to leaving your hair dry for too long. Using hot water, not trimming your hair, and chemical treatments all contribute to the damage that has already been done to your hair. Split ends are one of the most common issues, yet there are simple solutions available. So, instead of fussing over your dry ends and getting a trim every now and then, here are a few home cures to assist you cope with them.
Oil + Egg Yolk
Egg yolks are high in protein, which is just what your dry ends require. Because the hair lacks protein and moisture, it splits. Providing enough protein and moisture can significantly prevent split ends.
How to do it:
1. Combine one egg yolk, 2 teaspoons almond oil, and 2 teaspoons coconut oil in a mixing bowl.
2. Combine all of the ingredients in a large mixing bowl until homogeneous paste forms.
3. Apply to your hair’s lengths and leave on for 30-40 minutes.
4. Wash it with your regular shampoo and conditioner and air dry it. Make certain you aren’t using hot water.
washed in beer
Beer is one of those liquids that contain both protein and sugar, which aids in the prevention of split ends. It not only strengthens but also nourishes the hair, giving it a natural luster and gloss.
How to do it:
1. Combine half a cup of beer and two teaspoons of honey in a mixing glass.
2. Massage the mixture into your scalp and hair lengths thoroughly.
3. Leave it on for 30-40 minutes before rinsing it off with a gentle shampoo.
4. Allow your hair to air dry and avoid using any heating tools.