Coconut milk and prawns is a deadly combination it gives the prawns a beautiful flavour and the toasted coconut flakes add an extra taste for the crust. Here we have recipe of simple coconut prawns .
- 20 prawns (30 count size)
- 100 gm panko crumbs
- 50 gm flour
- 50 gm toasted coconut flakes
- 50 gm chili mayo
- 20 gm lemon grass, finely chopped
- 50 ml coconut milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 fresh red chilli, finely chopped
- ½ tsp basil, finely chopped
- Zest of one lemon
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Refined oil for frying
- Clean the prawns, and keep the tail intact. Pat dry.
- Marinate prawns with coconut milk, fresh red chilli, basil, lemon zest, lemon grass, salt and pepper.
- In a bowl take flour. In another bowl , whisk eggs lightly with a fork and keep ready. In a third bowl mix panko and toasted coconut flakes.
- Take a marinated prawn. Make first coat with lightly in the flour, and dip it in the egg wash, and then cover it with the panko, before keeping it on a tray. Repeat the process, one by one, with other prawns.
- Heat oil in a pan, and fry the prawns until they are golden brown.
- Serve hot .