New Delhi: People’s lives have been made easier by digitization because they no longer need to travel for a lot of work that can be done online seamlessly.
One thing that digitization has made easier is the transfer of PF accounts. You no longer need to physically visit the EPFO office to request a transfer of your Employees’ Provident Fund (EPF) account. You can claim your transfer online from the comfort of your own home.
Here are 8 easy steps to transfer your PF money from one account to another or from an old account to a new one.
– Visit the EPFO website: https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/memberinterface
– Log in with your UAN and password.
– Go to “online services” and click “One Member One EPF account (Transfer request)’
– Verify “personal information” and “PF account” for present employment.
– Click “Get details”. Once you do so, the PF account details of previous employment would appear.
– Choose either a previous employer or current employer for attesting forms
– Click “Get OTP” TO RECEIVE OTP on UAN registered mobile number.
– Enter OTP and click “submit”
Once your claim gets attestation through –Previous Establishment or Present Establishment –any of the modes that you might have chosen, your PF account will be transferred.
Online EPF accounts are updated, which also includes the latest approved transactions of settlement/advances/transfer-in/transfer-out. On successful submission of requisite information, you can access all the details as well as make the required changes.