On Monday, the Lok Sabha passed a Bill to link electoral roll data with the Aadhaar ecosystem. The Election Laws (Amendment) Bill 2021, piloted by Law Minister Kiren Rijiju, was passed by voice vote following a brief debate in which some opposition members demanded that it be referred to a parliamentary panel for scrutiny.
Here is a step-by-step guide to linking Aadhaar with a voter ID online.
– Visit the election commission website https://voterportal.eci.gov.in/
– Login to the portal (you will be asked to log in using either your mobile number, email id, voter id number
– You will be required to provide your state, district and other personal details –name, date of birth and father’s name
– Click on the search button
– If entered correctly, your details will match the government’s database and will be displayed on the screen
– Click ‘Feed Aadhaar No’ option on the left side of the screen
– A pop-up page will appear
– You will be asked to fill in the name that appears on your Aadhaar card, Aadhaar number, voter ID number, registered mobile number and/or registered email address.
– Hit the submit button. Also, don’t forget to cross check the details you have provided.
– Now, a message will appear on the screen stating that the application has been registered successfully.