Toddler choked to death as gooseberry stuck in the throat

A one-year-old boy choked to death after gooseberry got stuck in his throat. The deceased is identified as Namas, son of Mulamkunnathukkavu native Kiran and Manju. The gooseberry got stuck in the child’s throat when he was having food. It is learnt that the toddler consumed it without telling to his mother.

As the mother was unaware of the gooseberry in his mouth, she continued to feed him. The gooseberry got stuck in the child’s throat along with the food and interrupted breathing. Though the family members tried to clear the gooseberry from the boy’s throat, they failed in the attempt. Later, the boy was rushed to Govt. Medical college. Even after removing the gooseberry, the child breathed his last around Thursday at 11.30 am. Pediatric surgery associate professor Dr Bijohn Johnson confirmed that the child died of suffocation as the gooseberry got stuck in his throat.

 

Back to top button
Close
Close

Adblock Detected

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker