Mutton pepper roast recipe
Mutton coated well in masala and roasted to a dark colour with the perfect blend of spices highlighting the flavour of black pepper. Have this Mutton roast with steamy puttu, chappati, or rice.
500 gms Mutton (cut into medium size cubes and cleaned)
1 tbsp Lemon juice
1/2 tsp Fennel powder
1/2 tsp Garam masala
1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
1 tsp Kashmiri chilli powder
2 tsp Coriander powder
2 medium Onions (sliced)
1/2 tbsp, each Crushed ginger & garlic
12-15 Shallots/pearl onions (sliced)
1 tbsp + 1.5 tsp Crushed pepper powder
2 tbsp Coconut oil
1. Marinate cleaned mutton pieces with lemon juice, fennel powder, garam masala, turmeric powder, Kashmiri chilli powder, coriander powder and salt.
2. Heat oil in a pressure cooker. Add sliced onions and cook till it is brown.
3. Add marinated mutton pieces, curry leaves and crushed pepper powder.
4. Give a good mix and cook on low flame for 4-5 mins. Add 1 cup of water and bring it to a boil.
5. Pressure cook the mutton until the gravy is thick.
6. Heat oil in a pan. Add sliced shallots, crushed ginger & garlic and curry leaves. Saute it
7. Add crushed pepper powder and fry for a minute.
8. Add cooked mutton along with the gravy. Cook on low flame until the gravy is almost dried.
9. Switch off the flame and let the curry rest for half an hour.