A pet dog has turned out as a hero in Uttar Pradesh. The dog has helped more than 30 people escape a major fire at a building in Uttar Pradesh.
The fire set off cylinder blasts, leaving four adjacent buildings completely damaged. The dog, however, has lost its life.
The incident occurred at an electronics and furniture showroom situated in a residential colony in Banda. The owner used to live in the top floor of the four-storey building.
“The dog kept barking at the fire which alerted everyone and allowed them to escape safely. The dog later died when a cylinder blasted,” news agency ANI quoted an eyewitness as saying.
A fire official later said that short circuit in the first floor led to a fire that quickly spread due to firewood that was illegally stored in the area.