- Avoid hot water bath. Instead, make sure that the water is lukewarm
2. It is important to limit your shower time to a maximum of 10 minutes
3. Avoid bath sponges and body brushes to avoid damage to the skin
4. Winters are a good time for light peels
5. Peels help exfoliate the skin and remove the dry thick layer revealing smooth and supple skin underneath
6. Avoid wearing fabrics that can irritate the skin.
7. When you have taken a shower, pat dry your body and apply a moisturiser immediately.
8. Use an alcohol-free cleanser and toner in your daily routine. Milk- based cleaners can help keep the skin smooth and prevent dryness. Do not use clay-based masks on the skin as they pull out moisture from the skin.
9. Apply sunscreen every time you step out. Your skin needs protection form the sun even when the weather is foggy.
10. Drink water to hydrate you.
11. Use an oil based or cream based moisturiser, which is thick in consistency. The thicker the better it will act as a protector. For dry skin, you need a moisturizer rich in hyaluronic acid for its super hydrating properties without making the skin look greasy. For oily skin, look for lighter formulas and those who have more have gels and serums in them so that they don’t feel too heavy on the skin. For sensitive skin, pick a moisturizer that has antioxidants and is fragrance free. For combination skin, use moisturizer products that don’t make your skin feel congested. Invest in a cream or oil-based cleanser that is protective but not greasy.