The Central Meteorological Department has issued a warning about the potential occurrence of isolated heavy rainfall in Kerala today, particularly in the hilly areas of Central and North Kerala. Residents in the districts of Alappuzha, Ernakulam, Idukki, Thrissur, Palakkad, and Malappuram are advised to exercise caution as there is a possibility of thunderstorms and accompanying strong winds during the rainfall.
In more encouraging news for coastal residents, the Central Meteorological Department has indicated that there are no impediments to fishing activities along the Kerala-Karnataka-Lakshadweep coasts.
Here are the weather forecasts for the upcoming days:
- 10-09-2023: Expect strong winds with speeds ranging from 45 to 55 kmph, occasionally reaching up to 65 kmph, along the south Tamilnadu coast and adjoining Kanyakumari coast of Gulf of Mannar.
- 10-09-2023: Strong winds with speeds of 45 to 55 kmph, occasionally up to 65 kmph, are anticipated over the Sri Lankan coast, South West Bay of Bengal, and adjoining South East – Central West Bay of Bengal.
- 11-09-2023: South Sri Lanka’s coast and the adjoining Southwest Bay of Bengal are likely to experience strong winds with speeds of 45 to 55 kmph, occasionally reaching up to 65 kmph. Additionally, the South East Bay of Bengal may witness winds with gustiness of 40 to 45 kmph, occasionally gusting to 55 kmph, along with adverse weather conditions.
- 12-09-2023: There is a possibility of strong winds and adverse weather conditions over the Sri Lankan coast and the South Bay of Bengal, with speeds ranging from 40 to 45 kmph and occasional gusts of up to 55 kmph.
- 13-09-2023: Similar conditions are expected over the Sri Lanka coast, South Bay of Bengal adjoining central Bay of Bengal, with speeds of 40 to 45 kmph, occasionally reaching up to 55 kmph. Fishing activities are not recommended during these dates and in these areas due to the prevailing weather conditions.