The food you eat defines your skin and makes your face glow. To keep your skin healthy, need to have a better lifestyle and diet.
1. Fruits and veggies- Adding more Fruits and vegetables to your diet helps the skin from the damage of free radicals and promotes the development of healthy skin cells.
2. Vitamin C- Sufficient intake of Vitamin C-rich foods will help you in stimulating collagen synthesis and protecting the skin from the sun’s UV rays. Fulfil your body’s required share of Vitamin C by gorging on berries, oranges, kiwi, papaya, etc.
3. Healthy fats- Healthy fats like Omega 3 and Omega 6 fatty acids are essential for healthy cell membranes. These fatty acids help keep your skin plumper, younger-looking, and hydrated.
4. Phytoestrogens- Phytoestrogens are plant-based compounds with a structure similar to oestrogen in females. This sex hormone has an impact on skin health. Phytoestrogens, therefore, help keep our hormones balanced, minimise skin damage and delay skin ageing. You can find them in soybeans, whole grains, fruits, vegetables, etc.
5. Vitamin E- Vitamin E is known for its antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. Its balanced consumption helps the skin fight oxidative damage and photo-ageing. Foods like almonds, avocados, red bell peppers, sunflower seeds and oil are high in Vitamin E.
6. Water- You need to remain hydrated to let your skin glow. Water keeps your skin hydrated and helps maintain its elasticity. It also helps keep away wrinkles and other signs of ageing.