Monsoon is a huge relief from the scorching summer temperature, but at the same time, the season of diseases also arrive with it. During monsoon, flies, house flies and a variety of illness-causing mosquitos surface, so it is imperative people consume healthy foods that helps in building the immune system. Know the kind of foods you must have during monsoons.
1) Add red rice, whole wheat, barley, jowar and lentils in your diet. Avoid consumption of Maida.
2) Avoid leafy vegetables and opt for carrots, beetroots, green vegetables like bottle gourd, bitter groud etc.
3) Add Tulsi and mint leaves to your diet.
4) Add ginger to your foods.
5) Honey is one of the best foods meant for consumption during the monsoons.
6) Turmeric is a natural antiseptic agent. It helps in building a robust immune system.
7) Amla or Indian gooseberries are rich in Vitamin C. These berries form the base for preparing Chyawanprash it keeps cold and cough away and builds a healthy respiratory system.
8) Desi Cow Ghee
9) Use rock salt, instead of regular salt