It is not that easy to maintain a healthy weight. It is not good to be too skinny or too obese. Follow a healthy diet, and if you are overweight or obese, reduce your daily intake by 500 calories for weight loss.
- Rather than making several changes all at once, make smaller changes that you believe you can realistically accomplish and maintain. For instance, if your don’t exercise at all, start your exercise regimen with a daily morning walk of 20 minutes and then proceed on to other light exercises like jogging, cycling etc.
- Avoid higher calorie food like potato chips or cookies and welcome fruits and vegetables. This will not only help you maintain a healthy weight but also give you the right kind of nutrition.
- Eating whole grain cereals, legumes, vegetables and fruits in order to add more fibre to your diet. Fibre-rich foods often make you feel full with fewer calories.
- Make sure you have meals with low calories. Switch to low-fat milk, low-fat cheeses and use mustard or olive oil instead of butter and ghee.
- Only eat when you are hungry and slow down the pace of eating so that you can enjoy your meal. Keep in mind that it takes your stomach about 15 minutes to signal to your brain that you are full.
- Avoid Sugary beverages, such as sodas, packaged juices, and sports drinks causing excessive weight gain. So choose smaller portions of these drinks and go for water or low-fat milk instead of soda.