The India Meteorological Department (IMD) has issued new warnings regarding rainfall in Kerala. They predict that over the next five days, there will be light to moderate rain in various parts of the state, with occasional heavy rainfall in specific districts, indicated by a yellow alert. Here are the districts and dates for the alerts:
- September 3: Thiruvananthapuram, Alappuzha, Kollam, Ernakulam
- September 4: Alappuzha, Ernakulam
- September 5: Alappuzha, Kottayam, Idukki, Pathanamthitta
- September 6: Ernakulam, Idukki
- September 7: Alappuzha, Ernakulam, Thrissur, Malappuram, Kozhikode, Kannur
In addition to the rain alerts, the IMD has also reported the possible development of a cyclonic circulation in the area between the northwest Bay of Bengal and the west-central Bay of Bengal.